Blender genital bone and shapekey question

Jul 19, 2022
Hi friends,

In a recent Blender model I'm working on, I have bones for both the anus and the genital area. Scaling the anus bone correctly opens and closes the anus, but scaling the genital bone only scales the entire vaginal region. The model includes shape keys and drivers for the vagina that control its opening and closing.

When I add a Child Of constraint from the anus bone to a penis bone, the anus wraps around the penis accurately. However, the vagina does not respond to the Child Of constraint at all.

How can I adjust the genital bone so that it controls the opening and closing of the vagina and ensures it wraps around the penis accurately?

Thanks for your help!

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
You cannot do that easily. You would have to completely redo the weight painting of the genital bone, and for a complex area like that its going to be a pain in the ass to get it accurate.

Since you got working shape keys I would try linking the value of the shape keys to the penis bone position using drivers, see if that works. My experience with drivers is somewhat limited though so no idea if that would work easily or not.

You could as well have a look into the . I don't know if they got a tutorial on the way your looking to do it, but they have a couple tutorials on how making the vagina slide over a penis (mostly using a torus as a proxy).

Jul 19, 2022
You cannot do that easily. You would have to completely redo the weight painting of the genital bone, and for a complex area like that its going to be a pain in the ass to get it accurate.

Since you got working shape keys I would try linking the value of the shape keys to the penis bone position using drivers, see if that works. My experience with drivers is somewhat limited though so no idea if that would work easily or not.

You could as well have a look into the . I don't know if they got a tutorial on the way your looking to do it, but they have a couple tutorials on how making the vagina slide over a penis (mostly using a torus as a proxy).
gotcha, ill see if i can get it to work with drivers, thanks for the help!