[R>Artist 2D] [R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Unpaid [Unity] Looking for Developers for Cooperation

May 18, 2019
Greetings, everyone!

If you’ve been a member of this site for some time and frequently browse the recruitment forum, you may remember me seeking Unity developers on several occasions over the past few years. For reference, you can click on this [link] to view my earlier thread, which contains a link to an even older one, and so on. I’m posting again in case any new developers have joined the community and are interested in short- or long-term collaboration.

Over the past year, I’ve been working on a proper demo version, refining various game systems, implementing dialogue, scripting, and more. Several systems have undergone significant changes, particularly the combat system, which has evolved from a simple random number generator simulator into a far more engaging system with some actual decision-making and combat perks that influence the course of the encounter.

At present, I have a 'rough' version of the project and am preparing to begin work on a 'clean' version. I have a few ideas I’m eager to implement, some of which are quite drastic, so I’d rather start from scratch than attempt to force these changes into the current project. As such, I’m hoping to collaborate with - preferably - experienced Unity developers who could assist with coding and visuals, and to a lesser extent, with game design (to help rebalance some game aspects or reimagine certain mechanics).

I must stress once again that this is not a paid position. It’s an opportunity to co-develop a project, share experiences, and collaborate - essentially, a game jam. While my primary aim is to create a more polished project (which requires coding expertise) with enhanced visuals (requiring input from an artist), I’d also appreciate help with writing, whether through proofreading or rewriting dialogue - or whatever text is currently in the game (a task well-suited to a writer).

If you’re interested in working together, please feel free to contact me here or via Discord (_yetanotheruser).

However, even if you’re not interested in working with me, I’d greatly appreciate it if you could play the demo and share your thoughts. The more feedback I receive, the better the ‘clean’ version of the demo will be - so thank you in advance!

The ‘rough’ version of the demo is available on itch.io. Here’s the to the game’s page.